WHY JOIN THE beforeUdig SERVICE
A beforeUdig member is any utility, local authority or similar organisation that wants to protect its underground assets from damage and/or interruption. Asset owners become members of the beforeUdig service by registering the location of their underground assets and will then receive notifications of any intended works lodged as an enquiry with the beforeUdig service. By doing this, asset owners will be notified immediately when contractors or others who use beforeUdig are planning to excavate in or around their assets.
Contractors use beforeUdig because it is easy to submit a single enquiry and quickly make contact with all relevant asset owners.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A MEMBER
The benefits of becoming a member of beforeUdig:
- Minimise the risk of service interruption
- Ensure continuity of supply of essential services
- Prevent injuries to workers
- Reduce or avoid potential financial losses
- Improve public image
- Managing risk
- Leverage from enquiries made of other utilities
- Reduce costs in responding to plan requests
BECOMING A MEMBER
Contact us immediately if you are interested in protecting your underground assets.
To become a member of the beforeUdig service we will need some information about your assets and organisation including:
- An area of interest or geographic boundary encompassing the locations of your assets
- An email address for the referral of notifications
- An email address for general communications
- Corporate details
The more we can understand about your business the better we can tailor our service to your needs.